Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My dad the superhero?

My dad saved my life. He saved my life more than once in fact. He used to be my biggest hero. The one i used to look up to. People used to always ask me if i was a mommys girl or a daddys girl. Without any second thoughts at all my answer would be daddys girl. And just like that in the blink of an eye he didnt even look at me anymore. Every weekend when he comes by to get my brother its like he totally forgets he even has a daughter. Whats the point in even smiling or saying hi to him when he doesnt even know that i exsist. I wish so badly that i could get the guts to walk up to him tap him and on the shoulder and say, "daddy do you even love me?" I want to ask him what i did wrong to make him hate me so much. Or even if i did something wrong. Without my dad i wouldnt be here today. If i knew he would hate me i wouldnt have wanted him to save me. I remember that after my parents got divorced i would hang out with my dad every single weekend. And now we barely even make eye contact. When my phone rings and on the caller id it says, 'Daddy Sabori' i am so hoping that maybe he is just calling to say hi kelsey how are you doing? but no the only reason he calls me is when no one else in my entire family answeres their phone. My dad wants to do something for fathers day but honestly i dont want to go. its just not right. he doesnt deserve it so heres to you dad. thanks for showing me what not to do.

No comments: